Vodafone users can receive GPRS Settings by sending simple SMS and save them to use Internet on mobile.
Get Vodafone GPRS Settings by SMS – Just send and SMS with text ACT VL to 144 (toll free), receive and save settings on your handset.
Mobile phone geeks generally edit the automatically received EDGE / 3G / GPRS settings to tweak their mobile Internet. In fact, they can write new GPRS Settings on their own. For the DIY guys, here are the manual GPRS Settings for Vodafone prepaid:
Vodafone GPRS Settings for Mobile
- Create a new account with any name, say Vodafone
- Leave Username field blank
- Leave Password field blank
- Set Homepage as http://live.vodafone.in
- Set Preferred Access Point to Yes
- Set Proxy as Enabled
- Set Server IP address to 10.10.1.100
- Set Port to 9401 or 8080
- Set Data Bearer as GPRS (or Packet Data)
- Set the APN as portalnmms
- Set Authentication Type to Normal
Also check out GPRS Settings for more Operators.
Post worth reading: Access Facebook without Internet on Mobile.