Quick way to manually create 3G / 2G (GPRS) settings for your Telenor prepaid connection, method to get 3G or 2G settings included.
You automatically receive Telenor 3G / 2G (GPRS) settings on mobile in general, when you put the SIM into your GPRS supported phone. But if you still haven’t received the settings on your mobile phone, this post will show you how to make them manually.
Getting Telenor 3G Settings by SMS
Before going into how to create settings manually, I want to tell you the general method to get the settings on your multimedia mobile handset.
You have to send an SMS with text
ALL to 58355 (toll free) from your Telenor prepaid mobile number. Within a few minutes, you’ll receive MMS, WAP and GPRS Settings, save them and mark them as default, that’s it.
Manual 3G Settings for Telenor
You can also create GPRS settings for Telenor manually by modifying certain options in your mobile phone’s browser settings. Below given is the step-by-step method to create Telenor manual settings:
- You can use anything in Account Name field. For instance, type Account Name as Telenor
- Leave Username field blank
- Leave Password field blank
- You can set your favorite site as Homepage. For instance, set it http://google.com
- Set Preferred Access Point to Yes
- Set Proxy as Enabled
- Set Server IP address to 10.58.10.58
- Set Port to 8080
- Set Data Bearer to Packet Data or GPRS
- Set Linger time to 90
- Set Access Point to Telenor
- Set Authentication type to Normal
Ignore the options that you can’t see on your phone. If these GPRS settings for Telenor doesn’t work, try to change the Port Adress from
Before using internet with these GPRS settings on your mobile, make sure to pick an internet plan suitable for your need, else you have to pay the standard data rates which is expensive.