Whenever you need to open or view a specific file on your Computer, it searches the support of the format / extension of that file. If the file format is supported, you can open / view that file otherwise you’ll need to install a software app that can open that very file. For instance, viewing photographs (JPG, PNG) can be done without installing a third-party application, as Computers already support these commonly used file formats.
Now, if you have a Microsoft Word Document (DOC, DOCX) to be opened, which is not supported on Computers by default. Here, you will need to install Microsoft Office to get DOC or DOCX formats supported. Same goes with PDF, PSD, SWF, FLA, RAR and others, i.e. you will have to install the related Software application to view these files.
But why bother installing different app each time you need to see a different file, when you can view files with 100 different formats / extensions with Open Freely?
What is Open Freely?
Open Freely is a free Software utility that lets you open files with over 100 different formats / extensions on you computer; saving you the memory, CPU usage, time and money. With this utility, you can view images, videos (supports all commonly used and popular formats), view and extract compressed files and folders, open PDF documents, open and edit Textual & Microsoft office Documents, view Photoshop Documents, Flash animations, Torrent files and more.
Open Freely features:
- With Open Freely, you can edit, print & save all Microsoft Office files.
- It supports over 100 different file formats.
- Supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
- Free to download and use.
Open Freely Supported File Formats
- Image Files: SVG, JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, TIF, ARW, CF2, CR2, CRW, DNG, ERF, MEF, MRW, NEF, ORF, PEF, RAF, RAW, SR2, X3F, ICO, PSD
- Windows System Files: EXE, DLL, BPL, SCR, CPL, OCX
- Microsoft Office Files: DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, CSV, PPT, PPTX, PPS, MSG, EML, VCF, DOT, DOTX
- Documents: WPS, TXT, BAT, CFG, LOG, INI, REG, QIF, ICA, SRT, PAGES, XPS, PDF, RTF, ODT, WPD, XML, RESX
- Media Files WMV, AVI, FLV, MPG, MPEG, MOV, MP4, MP3, MID, WAV, MKV, 3GP, FLAC, WMA, OGG, SWF
- Archive Files: 7z, ZIP, RAR, GZ, TAR, TGZ, JAR, DEB, XPI, TORRENT
- Code Files: JSP, JSP, VB, C, CS, JAVA, JS, PHP, SQL, CSS, ASP, ASPX, KML
Open Freely automatically installs K-lite codec pack on your Computer to play various multimedia video files.
It also installs .NET Framework to support files that use this framework to operate. It is a lightweight application which takes around 65 MB of installation memory (as tested). It supports multiple instances, so you can launch numerous instances of Open Freely to open images, videos, PDFs, Documents, archives etc. simultaneously.
Any document can be opened either by using the Open dialog (press Ctrl+O or clicking the “Open” button located on the File Menu). Open Freely automatically displays related options according to the file type, for example, the extraction options for archives, formatting options for Word documents, rotating-resizing-cropping options for images etc.
Open Freely helps you to save lots of computer resources by avoiding the need of installing individual Software programs for different files. It also minimizes the need of paid suites like MS Office, Adobe Reader, Premium Media Players, saving you money too.