The new beta of Skype – Skype 5.5 for Windows rolled in the further integration with Facebook. With it from now, you can see your facebook friends in the Skype contacts list and chat directly with them without going back to the web browser.
You can experience the newly integrated features just by connecting your Facebook account with Skype – after which you can see the list of your friends in the tab labeling “Facebook”. You can start a chat session by simply clicking the online friend and choosing “Send an IM”. The Facebook chat in Skype also supports emoticons. With the new Skype beta Facebook integration, you can also like and comment on your friend’s status from within your Skype.
New features in Skype 5.5:
- See Facebook friends in your Skype contact list
- Instant message with Facebook friends
- Allows to like and comment on Facebook
- Easier, smarter call controls
- Improvements to the saving of a phone number in the “Call Phones” section.
- Visual improvements to place a call on hold.
Significantly, Skype made the changes as per the user feedback on Skype 5.0, launched in October last year. You too, can send yours by choosing Provide Skype Feedback option in your Skype application. Read more details on Skype 5.5 beta for Windows at the Skype Blog.