Showing Recent Posts is a good idea to put your readers through the last posts on your blog. Many people use Facebook Recent Activity instead. What is this? Well, Facebook, no doubt, the prominently dominating Social Networking website, provides this plugin in order to show the Recent Activity of a blog / website modulated with it.
The Facebook Recent Activity widget performs the following tasks for your blog:
- Shows to the visitors the recent activities taken place on your blog/website.
- Displays stories when users like content on your site, when users share content from your site in Facebook or if they comment on a page on your site in the comment box.
- Automatically personalizes to display the visitor’s friends activity on your blog/website, if he/she is logged in to Facebook. If there isn’t enough friend activity to fill the plugin, it is back-filled with recommendations. If the visitor is logged out, the activity feed will show recommendations from across your site, and give the user the option to log in to Facebook.
If you too want to put a Recent Activity widget on your blogger hosted blog, just follow this small tutorial (putting it on website is as simple as we are going to do now):
- Go to the Facebook Activity feed page. Fill in your blog/website URL. Then change the dimensions according to your need, I’ll recommend you to put the widget in your sidebar, so set the dimensions according to your sidebar. Then see the font, border-color properties. Check Show Recommendations. Then click Get Code.
- After clicking Get Code, you’ll get the generated code for the widget to be shown on your blog. Copy this code (under the iframe section, XFBML is not needed here).
- Now, sign in to Blogger, go to Dashboard » Design.
- A new window will be opened. Put an appropriate title and paste in the code you copied from the Activity Feed Page. Click Save. Done.
Now, open your blog to check the Recent Activity widget. You can see it on this blog as well. Thanks.