SBI or State Bank of India provides NEFT facility to it’s Net Banking users to transfer funds from their SBI account to a different (external) bank’s account. NEFT comes under Inter-bank transfers and usually the funds are successfully transferred from 24-36 hours in week days. You should see this document to know the timings, fund limits and other mandatory information regarding SBI NEFT.
This detailed guide explains how to do NEFT from your SBI account, but before proceeding to it, make sure you’ve added the external bank account (to which you’ve to transfer money via NEFT) as an Inter-bank beneficiary.
Step-by-step tutorial to do NEFT transfer with SBI
1. Log into your SBI Net Banking account and click the Payments / Transfers tab in the main navigation bar.
2. It will bring various options of online transfers that you may do with SBI. Just click the Inter-Bank Beneficiary link.
3. Next page will show you the existing transaction types for Inter-Bank transfers. Select NEFT from the given options.
4. On the next page, you’ll see the options to enter the NEFT amount, and the inter-bank beneficiary account you’ve added. If you’ve added only one account as the beneficiary, it will appear as auto-selected for NEFT. If you’ve multiple inter-bank beneficiaries, you’ll see a list of them; just select the desired one from that list.
Select Pay Now and click the Submit button.
5. A confirmation message for the NEFT transfer will appear next, just verify the details you’ve provided and click the Confirm button.
6. If everything went right, you’ll see a success message as shown by the below screenshot:
The amount will be transferred to the selected beneficiary in around 24-36 hours. I hope this has helped you to successfully do an NEFT Transfer through your SBI Net Banking.