How to reset SBI NetBanking Profile password?
Step-by-step guide to reset SBI NetBanking Profile password.
SBI NetBanking Profile password is required to change login password, for using NEFT / RTGS and other services availed by OnlineSBI. It is a security measure, which makes your NetBanking account more secure.
Changing your NetBanking passwords is a good practice to maintain control over your account. Whenever you change your passwords (either it is login or profile), SBI NetBanking prompts for the Profile password. If you remember your Profile password, you can change the passwords normally.
In case you forgot your SBI NetBanking Profile password, this step-by-step tutorial will guide you how to reset it without difficulty.
Reset SBI NetBanking Profile password
- After logging into your SBI NetBanking account, navigate to Profile section by clicking the ‘Profile’ link in the main menu. In the Profile section, click ‘Change Passwords’ link.
- In the next page, it’ll ask you to enter Profile password, but since you don’t remember you Profile password, click ‘Forgot Profile Password’ link at the bottom.
- Next, it will ask you the hint question that you had set up during the first login into your NetBanking account. After choosing your hint question, filling in the answer and submitting the form, you’ll be able to reset SBI NetBanking Profile password in the next page.
If you forgot your SBI NetBanking hint question too or haven’t set one before, reset your Profile password by following the below guidelines.
- Follow the steps mentioned above, and stop at step#3. Notice the message: ‘If you have not set the Hint Question or Answer (or) have forgotten them, please click here.’, press ‘please click here’ link.
- In the next page, select the SBI Branch with where you hold the account and click the Submit button.
- You’ll receive a message as shown in the the below screenshot:
Collect the reference number, visit your SBI Branch and ask them to reset NetBanking Profile password by showing the reference number.
Now, after your SBI Branch has taken action to reset your Profile password, you’ll see a password reset form on logging into your NetBanking account (see below screenshot). Just enter your new password, confirm new password, setup a hind question, that’s it!
It takes 2-4 hours to a day to get your password reset after requesting at the Branch. Also read some Important tips for safe Mobile Banking.