Add a Cover Photo on your Google+ Profile or Page
Google+ has once again copied it’s well-know competitor Facebook, and this time it has copied the idea of Cover Photos on Google+ Profiles. Facebook Cover Photos feature was introduced during the launch of Facebook Timeline, which caught attention of a big number of people including those who didn’t like Facebook Timeline have started using it now due to Cover Photos feature.
Google+ has just made some solid changes in it’s layout including the addition of a Cover image in the profile section.
The recent changes introduced by such big Social sites in the design and feel received different reactions from users, and most of them didn’t like the change. I’ve posted some easy solution to bypass the change in design by these services, you can check them out using below links:
- Revert to Old Facebook from Timeline
- Revert to Gmail Older version
- Get back Gmail Old Look Permanently
Now, coming back to the topic, Google+ Cover Photo feature is slightly different from Facebook Covers. It provides users with two different view of the Cover which could be a series of your individual pics or a single image with 940×180 dimensions. Lets start how to put or apply a Cover Photo on Google+ profile.
- Log into your Google+ account and go to your Profile section.
- You can see your 260×260 pixel profile pic on the right hand side with the default cover photo as you can see in the below screenshot.
To change this photo to your desired one, hover (Mouse over) the Cover photo and click Change Cover Photo.
- Next, choose a template for your Cover Photo, first is the long view with single cover photo and the other is a series of your selected photos. The first template will require an image of dimensions 940×180 pixel while the second one doesn’t depends on image size, it will show your images in 112×112 pixel scrapbook thumbnail view.
- After selecting a template for you Cover, click Change Cover Photo link to replace the default Cover with your own photo(s).
- In the next dialog, choose Upload to upload new photos for cover or choose from your own photos (but remember, you will need a wide image of 940×180 pixel for the first template).
- If you’ve selected the first Template:
Either upload an image of at least 940×180 pixel dimensions from you Computer or choose it from your photos if you already have one. After uploading or choosing the image, you can crop the image if you want and then click Save.
The dialog will bring you back to the Template choosing dialog, where you just need to click OK.
Now, click on Done Editing button at the top of your profile. Done! You’ve successfully added a cover photo to your Google+ profile.
If you’ve selected the second Template:
In the second template (Scrapbook), you can add your images to appear in the small 112×112 pixel slots. Click Add photo on a particular slot, either upload new photo or choose from the existing ones.
Select image and click Add photos to scrapbook.
After adding images in all five slots in scrapbook Template, click OK at the bottom.
Click Done editing at the top of your profile. Done! You’ve applied the scrapbook view to your Google+ Cover.
Tell us what do you think about this new feature at Google+? Is it better than Facebook Cover photos, or just another mess from Google+? In case you’re looking for Facebook Cover photo generators, check out the best services to create Facebook Cover Photos.