When it comes to the mobile browsers, the first thing that flashes in mind is Opera. It’s the most popular Web browser for mobile worldwide. Several mobile manufacturing companies provide Opera Mini as the integrated Web browser in their handsets. It’s also the most popularly used Desktop Web browser in Ukraine and Russia. Lastly, Opera has launched its new version, Opera Mini 6, for iOS with the full support to iPhone 4 and iPad 2.
The new Opera Mini for iOS is specifically developed while keeping in mind the large screen of iPad and the Retina Display of iPhone.
Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera quotes:
I would compare it to walking onto the stage and hearing the roar of the crowd. We have put in a lot of rehearsal and clever thought behind the new experience. The Opera Mini browser has always kicked up the tempo when downloading pages; now the browsing flows along to a smooth, easy beat.
What’s new in Opera Mini 6:
- New design with a fresh new look and feel
- Super smooth pinch-to-zoom and panning
- Support for iPhone 4 retina display, iPad, and iPad 2 devices
- Direct share on Facebook, Twitter, and My Opera
- Open new page in background tab
- Improved international font support for Arabic, Chinese, Vietnamese, and other non-latin languages
[via: Opera Mini Blog]
So, you have one more alternative to browse the web on your iOS device, in fact, reviews say it’s a good deal. To give Opera Mini 6 a try, your Apple device should support iOS 3.0 or above. It is available on iTunes App store for free.