Looking to install Punjabi or Gurmukhi on your Windows XP Operating System? This guide is all about how to do that in few easy steps.
Note: You may need Windows XP Professional CD for this installation to install Windows Regional Typeset pack. See this guide to install Windows Regional Typeset pack
If you’ve already installed the Regional Typeset pack, then follow below steps to install Punjabi language:
- Go to the Control Panel (Start Menu » Control Panel) on your PC.
- Now, in the Control Panel, go to the Date, Time, Language and Regional Options.
- Under Regional Options, click on Add other languages.
- This will bring the Regional and Language Options dialog. Click on the Details button in the dialog.
- Another dialog will appear showing the keyboards or typesets installed on your PC. Click on Add button in this dialog.
- A list box asking Add Input language will appear. Now, select Punjabi from the list. Do not touch Keyboard Layout/IME, it sets automatically according to the typeset.
Click OK button, apply the changes and done!
You’ve successfully installed Punjabi on your Windows XP computer. You can see Punjabi in the language bar on your taskbar, through which you can toggle between the default language English (US) and Punjabi. Now, enjoy typing, editing and publishing in Punjabi!