People in India learn Hindi typing as it serves as a bonus for government jobs here. In the world of advanced computing, everybody is forgetting the typewriters and coming straight on professional Computer typing.
If you are looking to install Hindi on your Windows XP equipped computer, this handy guide enables you to do that with ease.
Note: You may need Windows XP Professional CD for this installation to install Windows Regional Typeset pack. See this guide to install Windows Regional Typeset pack
After having the Regional typeset pack installed, follow below steps to install Hindi on your PC:
- Start » Control Panel » Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options » Regional and Language Options
- Regional and Language Options » Languages
- Click on Details button which will bring you to Text Services and Input Languages.
- In Text Services and Input Languages, you’ll see the Default Input Language as English (United States) – US and Install Services (typeset/keyset) as US. Click on Add button, the Add Input Language box will appear.
- Now, in this Add Input Language box so appeared, selecet your language from the list under Input Language section; it will automatically set the Keyboard Layout/IME for it. Click OK to save the settings.
- Now, you can clearly see the entry with your language name in the Text Services and Input Languages dialogue. Click OK.
That’s it! You’ve successfully installed Hindi on your PC. Now, you can see a language icon in the taskbar, through which you can toggle between the default language English (US) and the language you just installed. Enjoy.