Google has just launched Google+ pages to feature businesses and brands where people can follow them. A Google+ Page is just like a Facebook fan page with Google taste in it. The competition between Google+ and Facebook is well-known, and we all know how Google is bent on killing Facebook! Introduction to Google+ business pages is yet another take from Google to push back Facebook.
If you hold a business, run a company, website, blog; you can grow audience for your brand with Google+ with the Google+ pages for businesses. It’s not required that you need a business to create a page on Google+, you may do it for fun purposes (just like on Facebook) also. Take a look, how a Google+ Page looks like:
A Google+ Business Page supports different categories like:
- Local Business or Place
- Brand or Product
- Company, Institution or Organization
- Art, Entertainment or Sports
You may further choose subcategories depending upon your page type. Website or Blog owners should choose “Brand or Product” » “Website“. Follow below given step-by-step tutorial to create a Google Plus page for your brand or business:
- Log in to your Google+ account and follow this link. A Google+ webpage saying “Create a Page” will be opened.
- Next, choose a category for your Google Plus business page. Fill in the suitable information. After that, click “Create“. See below screenshot.
- Google+ will ask for a Tagline or 10 words that defines your website best; fill them in. Upload a Profile Photo, for example, the logo of your brand. Click “Continue“.
- Done! You have created a Google+ Business page for your brand!
Now, you can invite people to follow your page, share it on your Google+ profile or can put a Google+ badge on your website.
Update: You can also toggle between your Google+ Profile and Google+ Business pages by clicking the pages link besides profile photo. Refer the below screenshot:
Also know the difference between Google+ Profiles and Google+ Pages.
Don’t forget to add us in your Google+ circles.