A handy guide to change BSNL Broadband plan online instantly without having to visit the exchange office or stand in queues.
If you are planning to change your BSNL Broadband plan but don’t have much time to do so, I have a good news for you. You can change BSNL broadband plan online too, without having to visit their offices, wait in queues, or call their impossible to connect customer care.
Few years back in 2010, BSNL rolled out a project called UDAAN, which used to provide facilities to apply for new broadband or land-line connections just by sending an SMS or by making a phone call to the BSNL toll-free numbers.
Since then BSNL has made the opting-in and out of services for their customers better, and now you have the facility to request changes to your existing Broadband or Landline plans, or to apply for other BSNL services available in your area including EVDO, FTTH, Wi-Max and more.
If you are sort of not liking the current plan you have with the company, this article guides you to apply for an upgrade or downgrade of your existing plan instantly using the internet, with the help of BSNL’s selfcare site.
Step-by-step procedure to Change BSNL Broadband plan
No more rushing to the exchange office or manual service application submissions from now, you are a few steps away to get the task done online. And here you go:
- Visit https://selfcare.bsnl.co.in and log in with your selfcare username and password.
- After logging in, you land on on the “My Accounts” page. Select your account number in the “Billing Account Number” section.
- On the next page, you see your billing profile accompanied with a big menu on the left-hand-side. Click “Modify Services” in that menu, and then select “Change of Tariff Plan“.
- On the next page, you can see the page responsible for tariff plan change. Make sure you read the change combinations provided by BSNL on this page. Next, you have to check the “I have read and understood the stated terms and conditions” checkbox, and then click “Next” button.
- Now, you have to select your current phone number or service ID from the “Select Telephone no./Service ID” box, and then click “Next”.
- It will show you with your existing plans from which you have to choose the one that you want to change. In general, it shows only one plan if you are using an individual connection. Go ahead, select it, and press the next button.
- Next, you’ll have to select the new plan to replace the existing plan. You can select the one of your choice from the list as shown in the below screenshot. Click next button once you are done with the selection.
- Finally, a confirmation page will appear with a Lead ID, which is nothing but a tracking ID of your plan change request. Save it for future reference.
Check out the video demonstration of this tutorial.
After the submission of your request, you will soon be contacted by BSNL Broadband support for confirmation of the request, and then your new plan will be activated the very next day.
Alternatively, landline users can also request the plan change by calling 1500 (toll-free Landline Broadband helpline), but the above mentioned is the much easier way to do so.
Hope this saved you time. If you submitted a change request just now, you must read how to check request status.