Pay BSNL bills from your Mobile Phone
A detailed guide on using the new BSNL mobile app for Android and Windows phone – paying bills, recharging and checking balance, and more useful utilities.
Good news for BSNL users! You can now pay your bills straight from your mobile phone. BSNL has named and documented this app as “My BSNL App“.
This official mobile app by BSNL is for Android and Windows mobile users that enables customers to perform some basic operations like paying postpaid bills, recharging prepaid connections right from their mobile phone devices.
Before that, customers had to log on to BSNL portal site through their desktop or laptop to reach the e-services offered by BSNL. But now with this handy application, you can easily access those services on your mobile phone and pay using Credit, Debit or Cash Cards, Net Banking or IMPS.
If you’re not an Android or Windows phone user, you should see paying BSNL bills online from home.
We got our hands on this app, and are sharing our experience in this article, that will also guide you to throughout your use of the app.
How to install the BSNL mobile app?
First off, lets install “My BSNL App” on our mobile device. The app currently supports only Android and Windows mobile, and we are going to install it on an Android device. So, here we go.
Android users should go to the Play Store and Windows mobile users should browse Windows app store to download the BSNL app. The app will install automatically after the download as other apps do.
1. The app is available for free, you don’t need to pay anything for it’s downloading or installation.
2. You can also use the app in a non BSNL mobile / tablet.
After installing the app, you will be able to see the app icon in the home screen of your mobile or tablet device. Just start the app, that will show a UI like below:
On the first start, the app will ask to accept terms & conditions. Accept them, and enter your Mobile no. and Email ID in the next prompt. That’s it. You’ve successfully registered your BSNL app.
BSNL App Preview
What can you do with BSNL mobile app?
You can use this app to:
- Check your outstanding bill amount
- Pay bills, top up any BSNL Mobile Number
- Get Payment receipt of your billing or top up
- Check your prepaid balance
- To load STV, Plan / Migration Voucher.
App usage for Landline & Broadband / GSM / CDMA / WiMax services
In order to pay bills for your Landline & Broadband or GSM or CDMA or WiMax postpaid services, just follow the below given steps:
- Click on Landline icon for landline and broadband bill payment and Mobile for the rest of the postpaid billing.
- Enter the Phone number / Mobile number and Account number and click on ‘Submit‘. Thie will show you the billing details on the screen.
- Click on ‘Pay Now‘ for Payment.
- Select your desired payment option and complete the Payment in the Bank’s website.
- A receipt of succesfull payment will be displayed on the screen, that will also be sent to you via email & SMS.
App usage for Prepaid services
There are a number of facility that prepaid users can enjoy on the app. Some of the important ones are:
Recharge talktime (balance)
- Click on Prepaid Icon in app home screen.
- Enter your BSNL Prepaid mobile number.
- Select the General TopUP / Flexi TopUp option.
- Enter or select the required amount (a minimum of Rs. 50 and maximum of Rs. 5000).
- You will be shown with the account details like Validity, Balance and selected voucher. Click on ‘Proceed for Payment‘.
- Select your desired payment option and complete the Payment.
- You’ll be shown with a payment receipt on the screen with payment confirmation sent to you via SMS and email.
Special Tariff Voucher
- Click on prepaid icon in the app home screen.
- Click on STV tab.
- Select the desired option among Data, Voice, ISD, SMS, and Others.
- Scroll down and select the required Voucher.
- Click on ‘Submit‘ that will show you the account details like Validity, Balance and selected voucher.
- Click on ‘Proceed for Payment‘.
- Select the desired payment option and complete the Payment.
- After the payment, you’ll see a payment reciept on screen, that will also be sent to your via email & SMS.
Plan / Migration Voucher
- Click on Prepaid Icon in the app home screen.
- Click on PLAN tab.
- Select the desired option among Validity Extension & Migration.
- Scroll down and Select the required Voucher.
- Click on ‘Submit‘ that will display account details like Validity, Balance and selected voucher.
- Click on ‘Proceed for Payment‘.
- Select the desired payment option and complete the payment.
- After successful payment, a receipt will be generated and displayed on the screen. Along with this, a confirmation SMS will also be sent to your registered mobile number, and payment receipt will be sent to your email in PDF format.
Quick Tips / Account Management
- You can also add or delete more accounts in the app.
- Instant bill details can be viewed by clicking on the available account(s) under a service.
- The app remembers all the successful bill entries, that will save you from entering details subsequently.
- You can also view payment history of the last 10 transactions.
This application is going to help users a lot as the billing through it is fast and secure. Let us know what do you think about ‘My BSNL App’, will you using it, or how is your experience with it.