While going through Uninor GPRS Settings for Mobile, we discussed that GPRS enabled Mobile Phones automatically receive GPRS settings when an active SIM Card is inserted in it. But it is kinda service dependent feature and with some Networks, you do not receive automatic GPRS Settings sometimes – or it could be due to a handset which has WAP but is not completely a GPRS / EDGE / 3G enabled Handset.
I recently experienced the first case with BSNL GPRS settings which do not arrive automatically sometimes, even on a fully Internet ready handset like Nokia 2700C. I tried it to get the settings through their service messages and Customer Care, but nothing worked actually. Then, I manually configured BSNL GPRS Settings with the help of my friend, who was also using BSNL Prepaid.
How to receive BSNL GPRS settings through SMS – send and sms with text GPRS to 53733 (toll free) from your BSNL Prepaid mobile number. If this doesn’t works for you, visit Cellone.in and download the settings from there. Or configure BSNL GPRS Settings manually as mentioned below in this post.
Here are the manual GPRS Settings for BSNL users which can be configured easily by going to the WAP or Browser Settings and doing changes as mentioned below:
Manual BSNL GPRS Settings for Prepaid users
- Create a new Data Account through your WAP or Mobile Browser Settings. You can use anything in Account Name field. For instance, type Account Name as BSNLGPRS
- Leave Username field blank
- Leave Password field blank
- You can set your favorite site as Homepage. For instance, set it http://google.com
- Set Preferred Access Point to Yes
- Set Proxy as Enabled
- Set Server IP address to 10.132.194.196
- Set Port to 8080
- Set Data Bearer to Packet Data or GPRS
- Set Access Point as per your location in India:
East Zone: gprseast.cellone.in
West Zone: gprswest.cellone.in
North Zone: gprsnorth.cellone.in
South Zone: gprssouth.cellone.in
- Set Authentication type to Normal
Ignore the options that you can’t see on your phone. Try changing Port Adress from 8080 to 9401, in case if these GPRS settings for BSNL don’t work. Also make sure you have activated GPRS on your BSNL connection before using these GPRS settings on your handset. You should also see GPRS Settings for more Carriers.
Must read: Use Facebook without Data plan.