A guide to automatically receive or manually create Mobile Office Internet settings for Airtel telecom operator (GPRS / 3G).
Airtel is one of the first telecom companies to provide the facility of Mobile Internet in India. In order to be able to use the data services, you need the Internet settings on your Uninor-powered mobile handset.
If you are stuck somewhere while setting up your mobile ready for Airtel internet, this guide will walk you through to auto-receive or create Internet settings in a few steps.
Get Airtel Internet Settings via SMS
The first time when you insert your Airtel SIM in your multimedia mobile handset, you automatically receive the Internet settings at the same time. You then have to save these settings as default.
If you didn’t save or receive the settings previously, you may request Uninor to send fresh settings to your handset via SMS. All you need to do is send an SMS with
MO in the message body to
54321 (it’s a toll-free number).
A few minutes past that, you’ll receive some settings flashed on your mobile. Save them as default, and you are ready to go!
Manual Airtel Internet Settings
If you are a DIY ninja, or for some reason you want to tweak the existing settings, here is a quick list to configure manual Airtel settings in no time.
Head over to the packet data settings of your mobile phone, and create a new profile over there, and set it’s options with the help of below given outlines:
- Profile Name: You may put anything in this field, for eg. “Airtel”
- Username: Leave this field blank
- Password: Leave blank
- Homepage: Set any of your favorite site as homepage. For instance: http://techably.com
- Preferred Access Point: Set “Yes”
- If you see any Proxy setting, set it to “Enabled”
- IP address: 184.108.40.206
- Port: 8080 or 9201 (whichever works)
- If you see any Linger time settings, set it to “90”
- Set Data bearer to Packet Data or GPRS
- Access Point: Uninor
- Authentication type: Normal
Ignore the options that you don’t see on your phone, save the profile and set it to default. Also make it sure to activate an Internet plan suitable to your need to get the best value of your money.