Digg is a famous social news website which allows people to vote stories up (digg) or down (bury). Putting a digg button on your website or blog helps your visitors to digg your news, stories and posts. Digg officially provides facility to put its button on websites or blogs. You can see one on this blog as well. If you’re new to this, you should see digg guide or follow the below instructions to show a digg button to your blog/website.
Follow these steps:
- Using our Digg Generator, choose For Blogger.
- Click on any one of the four buttons you want to show on your blogger hosted blog. Code will be auto-generated in the text-box below buttons.
- Copy the code so generated.
- Now, log in to your Blogger account and go to Dashboard » Your blog » Design » Edit HTML.
Note: Before any customization, don’t forget to backup your template.
- Check Expand Widget Templates checkbox.
- Find the below line in you template (Press Ctrl + F to find):
Paste the generated code just above (to show the button above the post-body and just below post headline) or below (to show the button below the post-body) that line.
- Click Save Template. Done! Open any of your blog posts to see it.
- Choose For Website in the Digg Generator.
- Click on one of the four buttons you want to show on your website. Code will be auto-generated in the text-box below buttons.
- Copy this code and paste it wherever you want to show on your website. Done.
Note: This is not an official digg widget or tool. The official widgets are only available at Official Digg Resources.