Do you get your Facebook account hacked or lost your control over it by someone’s stupid prank? If so, this post will going to help you a lot to regain access to your hacked Facebook account.
A few days ago, some of my friends on Facebook asked me: How to get your Facebook account back after being hacked? Sites like Facebook meet daily percussion with Hackers and you may have noticed such an attack in December 2011, when users got their accounts infected by clicking some spam links – since then a chine of auto-posting of inappropriate links started on their walls, but that was fixed in a few days by Facebook.
It feels really bad when someone hacks into your account and you’ve no control over his actions there. It is a fact that many people on Facebook get their accounts hacked daily by such attacks. If you are one of those, here is how to recover your hacked Facebook account.
Restore or Recover Hacked Facebook account
Go to Report compromised Facebook account and click “My account is compromised“.
A form will be opened asking for your email or phone number you registered you Facebook account with, your Facebook username, your Name and a friends name.
- Fill in the required information correctly and click “Search“. You’ll see a page like below screenshot:
If you’re able to see your account login (just like above screenshot), then proceed to the below steps:
- Login with your password. A message will come up saying “Thanks for reporting this problem…“, click “Continue“. You’ll be asked to input a new password, enter and confirm you new password and click “Submit“.
- Another message “Please change your email passwords” will be displayed. It means you should use different password for you email and the Facebook account registered with that email. Click “Continue“.
- “Account Verified – Congratulations!” This will be showed up after the verification of your account.
- “Review and fix anything the cybercriminal changed.” Check if the invader has modified your profile and account information. If so, reset it and click “Continue“.
- “Account Unlocked – Now you can Log in” This message will show up with your updated information. Click on Login button. You’ve successfully recovered the access of your Facebook account from the hacker. He will not be able to login your account anymore.
- If you are not able to find your account in the “Identify Your Account” page, then click on I can’t identify my account at the bottom-left of the form.
Another form will be opened saying “Compromised: I Can’t Identify My Account“. Fill in the required information and submit the form. Facebook don’t provide any personalized support for this but they will contact you as soon as they find your submitted information correct.
You can step forward to Best practices for Facebook account security to make your account more secure.