BSNL has been connecting India from a very long time through it’s Landline Telephone services available all over the country. Also, it is the first company which started Internet Connections in India over telephone lines. The main advantage of BSNL is that it is reachable in most of the rural areas also, where other telecom services struggle to serve.
Tip: Know how to Change BSNL Broadband Plan Online
Now, coming straight to the topic, say, you want to search or track or trace a BSNL Landline number – the procedure is simple – get the Telephone Directory and start searching for that particular number. But it will be so cumbersome to go through that thick directory for a single number. Let us do that the smart way, i.e., trace BSNL Landline number online. Read on.
Trace BSNL Landline number online
- Identify the Operating area: To identify the operating area of the associated Landline number, go to BSNL STD Code search, enter the STD code of the number (excluding 0 (zero)) and hit Search button. You’ll see the operating city name with it’s state / province in the results.
- Now, visit BSNL Online Directory which provides online state-wise Telephone Directory for BSNL Telephone numbers. Click on the State of the operating area which we just identified in Step 1. This will redirect you to the associated state’s BSNL website.
- Look for the Directory item in the main menu of the BSNL website of that associated state. Under that Directory drop-down item, select SSA (if available) and click the link with the name of operating area there.
- Next, you’ll see the BSNL Directory Enquiry portal for that operating area, where you can search BSNL Landline numbers through Name, Telephone Number, Address, Organization, Profession etc. Just click Telephone Search on the right hand side menu.
- On the next page, enter the number without STD code in the telephone number field, enter the city (operating area) in the city field and click Search. You’ll see the owner’s name of the related Telephone number along with the address.
You have successfully tracked the Landline number!
Hope you’ve find this guide helpful. Also consider reading BSNL GPRS Settings if you also use BSNL or Cellone GPRS.
Recommended: Check BSNL Broadband Speed