Almost everyone who blogs or runs a website for living want to sell ads on their sites and blogs, as it is one of the most common ways to monetize sites. Well, the coolest and recommended way to sell ads is through BuySellAds.
Unlike selling ads by waiting for someone to contact you for advertising, BuySellAds works on listing your site in it’s vast marketplace as per the category of your site. The marketplace is open for both – ad publishers and advertisers. If your site gets approved by BuySellAds, it will be more exposed to advertisers, and if you set your ad-slot prices intelligently, the chances of your ad sales will be higher.
How to get approved by BuySellAds?
How to get approved by BuySellAds? What things should be considered to get approved by BuySellAds? It’s not necessary that your site will be approved on the first application, since they follow some strict policies to approve websites and blogs. What are those policies? What are the guidelines for the approval? The rest of this article wraps up common rejection reasons and some essential guidelines to get your site or blog approved by BuySellAds.
BuySellAds: Common Rejection Reasons
- No Top-Level Domain (TLD): If you don’t have your own domain i.e. you’ve a me.blogspot.com or me.tumblr.com in the application, your application will not be approved.
- Inappropriate content: BuySellAds strictly prohibits adult rated websites in it’s marketplace. If a site contains some inappropriate or adult content, the site loses all chances of getting approved.
- Site not met Traffic requirements: BuySellAds generally needs at least 50,000 page impressions per month. It analyzes website traffic by focusing on various factors like Alexa Rank, Google Page Rank, Technorati Rank, Compete.com Stats, Del.ico.us bookmarks, Yahoo! Inbound Links, Twitter followers, RSS Subscribers and publisher data available from web. If a site doesn’t have impressive figures, especially Alexa Rank and Google PageRank, the chances of approval become low.
- Incomplete Website: Incomplete and under-maintenance sites are generally rejected by BuySellAds. Your website must be live, finished, and have fresh content.
- Lots of untargeted Advertisements: If you have a lot of untargeted ads on your site already, BuySellAds is not going to approve you.
- Non-English websites: If you have a non-English site, you have low chances to get it approved. As a matter of fact, I know some sites which are not English but were approved since they have good traffic. Mostly, I’ve seen them answering “We typically do not approve non-English sites, since we’ve English-only support.”
- Site not mentioned in registration form: It you missed mentioning your site on which you want to sell ads in BuySellAds registration form, your application may have been overlooked. You can contact their support to supply the missed information for approval process.
Don’t worry after being rejected by BuySellAds, just work on some important things we’re about to discuss and apply again. Your application will be approved for sure. My application was rejected 2 times, but I worked on these aspects and get this site successfully approved by BuySellAds.
Tips to Get approved by BuySellAds
- Get a Top-level Domain (TLD): BuySellAds considers approving only those sites which have a custom, Top-level domain name sucha as www.yoursite.com, if you don’t have a TLD, it’s time to get one now.
- Fresh Niche Content: You site should provide focused and fresh content. The best way to achieve this is choosing a content niche to write on. This will not only give you targeted audience, but also the best advertisement opportunities. BuySellAds also considers fresh niche content while approving sites.
- Build Traffic: Traffic on your blog or website is the most important aspect to get into notice at the time of approval from any ad-serving service, and so with BuySellAds. If your traffic is low, try to boost it to a good level. If you’ve a blog, you should read some important tips to increase blog traffic to accomplish this task.
- Improve Rankings: Try to implement best practices to improve Alexa Rank, PageRank, Technorati Rank, Moz Rank. This will not only increase your site’s authority but also make your site more impressive with good ranking stats.
- Improve Social stats: Good social stats means good reach. Be active at social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. Put widgets like Facebook like box, Twitter follow button, Google+ Follow badge, Pinterest Follow button to your blog / website to increase Social subscribers. Also use an RSS Subscription facility on your site.
- Use attractive and clean web layout: Make your site’s layout more attractive and clutter-free. If you already use PPC or CPA advertising on your site, try to place those ads at appropriate places and don’t use a lot of ads. In long and short, your site should appear attractive and clutter-free, which also helps in retaining visitors and makes your site appear more authentic.
You might also have heard about writing articles featuring BuySellAds to get approved quickly. I’m not saying that don’t feature BuySellAds on your site but this is not the thing they consider to approve sites.
Lastly, after getting approved, keep these points followed and don’t violate BuySellAds terms, it’s the key to do successful business with BuySellAds.
Recommended reading: Google AdSense approval tips.